Our ATC simulator system is a scalable solution that addresses all ATC training requirements. The modular nature of our system allows Radar, Radar and 2D Tower and Radar and 3D Tower training to be conducted with a single common system.
Our Tower simulation systems are suitable for all tower training. In addition we have two áreas of surveillance display for the training.
Provides a plan view of the airfield and the associated hold points, stop bars and stands. It accurately maps the ground movements of aircraft and vehicles along the taxiways, aprons and runways. An underlying ATC model ensures realistic performance within the ground area. This includes rates of acceleration/deceleration, braking performance, engine start-up times, and correct take off interval based on wake vortex ratings. The 2D display is not simply a ground radar view of the airfield; it also displays airborne traffic flying the circuits configured for the airfield so that the ground controller has visibility of operations immediately above and in close proximity to the airfield. A touch screen lighting panel is used to control all lights on the airfield other than those on aircraft/vehicles and the apron floodlights.
Provides a view from the tower out over the airfield. In its simplest form the display could be a single high definition flat screen display, and in its most complex form provides a 360° uninterrupted view from the tower using front or rear projection onto a polycarbonate screen. A multitude of solutions somewhere between the simplest and most complex offerings are available. This allows TELNORM to supply the 3D solution that is precisely tailored to the customer’s requirement.
The System Cover:
- Tower and ground operations
- Civil and military specialisations
- Part task and basic skills training
- Rating, validation and OJT
- Conversion and refresher training
- Competency checking
- Integrated tower and radar training
The System can Display:
Supports a wide range of displays including projection systems, LCD panels and video cubes to meet different training needs, budgets, and space constraints;
- Generic or specific tower cabs with full 360 degree 3D visual panoramas
- Multi-role 2D tower and radar trainers
- Classroom using 2D or 3D displays with special self-teach, instructor and debrief facilities
Below is a selection of features included. We are constantly updating our product features and currently have well over 100. If there is something you are looking for but do not see it here please contact us to discuss your requirements further.
- High number of animated aircraft and vehicle models
- Realistic airfield 3D scenes and aircraft behaviour
- Day-night, dawn-dusk, visibility, and weather effects including fog, snow, rain, hail, lightning and sandstorms
- Customised displays for ground movement, audio communications and dynamic weather and information pages
- 3D visuals support multiple tower viewpoints, picture-in-picture (binoculars) aircraft tracking and free navigation options
- Customised displays for lighting control including runway and taxiway lights, stopbars and traffic lights
- 2D visuals support a close up airfield view and a general area view
- Animated characters including realistic flocks of birds
- Fast Airport Builder (FAB) tool for accurate airfield modelling. FAB users can now develop 3D airport visual models themselves by creating towers, runways, taxiways, buildings, stands and traffic procedures.
- Full simulation run recording, and subsequent replay facilities including the ability to resume an exercise run from replay
- Civil and military aircraft performance
- Flexible configuration and workstation role selection
- Annual and one time software licencing
- Powerful pseudo-pilot commands for air and ground operations with graphical inputs
- Scripting for automated adjacent sectors and special local procedures
- Easy technology insertion and upgrades
- ATC speech recognition and output with unique user customisation of accents, real names and phrases
- Emergencies (fire, smoke, explosions, runway overrun, undercarriage, flap failure and drag chute failure)
- Military operations (drag chutes, arrester wires, jet barriers, simulated flame out procedures, tower flypast procedures and formations)
Telnorm integrates the tower simulation software with the latest image generators, visualisation software and display systems to give you 3D and 2D tower simulation that match both your needs and your budget.